Aguirre Hospital

3.6 0
14.3K
17
6 min

Winter break!

Finally, I was going back home to my home island of Puerto Rico, and spend some time with my family. This semester was pretty tough on me, but a good vacation was what I needed. However, this time I wanted to take a road trip to the town of my birth: Salinas. I was born in a hospital in a little community called Aguirre, but I had never personally seen it (not that I can remember anyway). From what I read, the hospital was abandoned, but still standing. My mom didn’t want me to go, but she didn’t tell me why. I didn’t care though. You know how moms are. They worry about every little thing.

The ride took around an hour. Aguirre was pretty well hidden in the back roads of the town. But eventually, I was able to find it perched on a small hill.

The hospital had two stories, and a good amount of foliage blocked the stairs to the main entrance. It actually looked like the building didn’t want me there. Surprisingly enough, there wasn’t a lot of graffiti. Usually, buildings like these are covered in graffiti. I could only make out one word of what little there was: “muerte”; which means death in Spanish; but it was cut off at the t. The surroundings were also completely abandoned. I could see houses and a small park nearby, but it looked like nobody had been there in ages.

A gust of wind suddenly blew, and it caught my attention because it went through the foliage that covered the main entrance. I swore somebody was asking me to go inside. The steps weren’t all that difficult to go up. When I got to the top of the stairs, I went through the main entrance. The place was a mess. Linoleum tiles littered the floor. There was dust everywhere, and I felt like I was breathing large amounts of it with every breath. I didn’t see any medical equipment either, or beds. The only thing there, were old dried up toilets. But the one thing that did catch my eye was a small trail of dry blood drops leading from one room to another. I checked the room closest to me and saw a huge blotch of dried blood on the floor. The blood drops seemed to start there, as if that was the first “drop” of blood. From there the drops continued into the room across it, and stopped just in front of the window. Smaller droplets, as if sprayed the window’s frame. I thought of a doctor throwing a body part out the window, or something. I would’ve lied to myself if I said the whole image in my head wasn’t a bit comical, however grotesque.

A shuffling noise suddenly came from my right, and I briefly saw a small shadow bolt down the corridor. I ran after it. The corridor turned a left, and then a right where it became into a larger hallway with more doors to its sides and a large exit that allowed light to flood in. Sadly, I didn’t see anything. However, I saw small plumes of smoke still dancing in the air, so something was definitely in there. I scanned my surroundings and noticed another trail of blood. This one however, snaked from the corridor I had just come from, and down the large hallway to the exit at the end of it. It was also a solid line, rather than small drops of blood. Notice that I didn’t say it was a trail of dried blood.

What really scared me was the whisper that suddenly shot out from behind me. “Hermano” it said with pitch similar to a baby’s. That means brother in Spanish. I immediately looked behind me, and I saw the same small shadow from earlier go down the corridor I just came from. Again, I ran after it. When I got to the hospital’s entrance I lost the shadow again. But then, I heard the same whispering voice. “Come down here” it said to me in Spanish. I looked to my right where the sound came from, and I saw a staircase leading down to the hospital’s first story. I couldn’t see the bottom of the stairs too well, seeing how the first floor was not as well lit as the second one, probably from all the foliage growing at the bottom. But, for some weird reason, I went downstairs.

When I got to the very bottom, I saw the same line of blood coming from a hole in the ceiling, down the wall, and through a corridor behind me. It led to a large room, which was probably a lobby back in the day. The ceiling was all cracked, and falling to pieces, and I could see the rotten wooden beams that formed the foundation of the building. But then, the noises started to happen again.

I heard a mess of scuttles moving from one side of the room to the other. Dust shifted in the air quickly, which only confirmed that there was something in there with me. Even the wooden beams creaked a bit from time to time. The scuttles were one thing though. I also heard the same whispers again. Even though they clearly sounded Spanish, it wasn’t as understandable as it was earlier. I swear the voices were having a conversation between themselves. But then, their attention turned to me. “Why have you come, brother?” The voice asked me in Spanish, of course. “Tell me who you are first.” I answered back in Spanish myself. The whispers began to rise again, as if consulting their answer, and then a silence dropped. After waiting for a couple of seconds, they finally answered me. “Our mothers did not want us. Our fathers were eager to get rid of us. To this hospital they came to undo us. Like trash we were thrown out into the scorching sun. But our survival was hardly their choice. We stayed in this world, just as you chose to stay.” I was completely confused by their words. I didn’t have that much time to think, though.

Suddenly, a door creaked open next to me. I saw it. A baby crawled from that room. Its legs were malformed and its body was drenched in blood. Bile oozed from its mouth, and I swore it was trying to form a smile. With every drag of the body, it left a trail of blood. A rustling behind me was enough to snap me from my shock. When I turned, there were more of them crawling up to me. And up in the wooden beams, I saw them climb their way down with incredible speed.

My mind couldn’t handle it. I ran past the first one, up the stairs and out of the hospital. Just as I was getting into the car, I heard their whispers “Come back to us brother!”

Leave a comment

17 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
T
ThirtySev
6 years ago

EWWWWWWWWWWWWW THIS WAS TERRIFYING OMG..

nothing is scarier than creepy baby… i loved ths.

the only thing that was weird was that you kept telling us there were words in spanish.. it seemed pointless – they should have either just been in Spanish for others to do the translating.. or just have been in straight English.

mixcook avatar
mixcook
6 years ago

I’m guessing, from the fact that his mother didn’t want him going there, and the “spirits” calling him hermano that his mother tried to abort him and it was unsuccessful. Good story, a few grammar issues, would have loved it if it were a little bit longer, and the “notice I didn’t say…” part was really unnecessary, but still really enjoyed it. 4/5

Clockwork22
Clockwork22
6 years ago

Wow amazing job

A
A00ROAD
6 years ago

Hospitals really scare me.Now this added! -_- Good work,by the way 🙂

LILITH
LILITH
7 years ago

MEH… the evil lurking through the dark of the abandoned hospital is just ghosts of malformed babies. BABIES?!? Nope. A big nope. And the plot is confusing. Why his mom tells him to not go there? And why the babies call him brother?

Ps: LIMIT THE USE OF THE WORD “DROPS”!

amaranth49 avatar
amaranth49
7 years ago

I just realized this is fireboy’s only pasta. Possible true story? O_O

stitches15 avatar
stitches15
7 years ago

Yikes! This really decreases the chances of me ever setting foot in a hospital ever again! Just kidding. Wow, this was just wow. I have no words, this was very creepy and very good. Could have expanded a little more, but yes, very good.

Cyberthriller avatar
Cyberthriller
7 years ago

Nope, nope, all of the nope! I’m gonna nope on outa here!

S
SWS.NELLY.PTV
7 years ago

Why are they calling him hermano? I’m so confused.

S
SammyWammy69
7 years ago

Very well written, makes it so much creepier that it was about babies and the description about them climbing down with incredible speed, omg

Raevyn avatar
Raevyn
8 years ago

This was a good one, yet horribly sad……………

geardeath avatar
geardeath
8 years ago

Da fuq

D
Darkventure
8 years ago

Looks like the author has thought about the direction this Pasta is taking. It makes for a creepy read

LostGirl avatar
LostGirl
8 years ago

Very creepy!!!
The part about ” Hermano means brother in Spanish” made me think of Arrested Development”

UltimatePasta avatar
UltimatePasta
9 years ago

This is van ness asylum? Hospital edition?

J
jesssii
9 years ago

I like this but the only thing I would fix is the part where you said “notice I didn’t say it was dried blood.” I picked up on that, and I don’t think it is neccessarily needed in this.

mirokunightlife avatar
mirokunightlife
9 years ago

this was quite interesting reminds me of american horror story and its pretty good for a first entry i feel like the story couldve used a bit more explaining on how they survived but overall it was a good pasta