Blurred background image
3 min read

Canned Food

Author since 2013 1Story 0 Followers
Canned Food

I ran straight to the super market when I heard about the nuclear strike. The government said that a deadly disease was spreading were I lived, and that the were going to eliminate anyone who had it. When I got to the store, I saw that almost all of the canned foods were gone, infact, almost everything was gone. I grabbed all of the cans I could carry, ran outside to my car, and realized it was not enough to keep me alive in my bomb shelter.

Wondering what I would do, the nuclear strike being imminent, I saw a woman and two small children loading a van with food cans. They had enough to survive years, I thought. I ran too the woman and asked if I could have some of the cans. “I’m sorry, I have more people to feed at my house, I can’t spare any.” She told me.

Walking back to my car disapointed, I stepped on something, I looked down to see I steped on a screw driver. That’s when I got the idea. I bent down and picked it up, and looked toward the woman, still loading the van with the canned foods. I needed that food. So, I walked over to the woman. “I’m sorry!” She said to me. “I can’t spare an-” she was cut off by the screwdriver I rammed into her chest.

“I’m sorry…” I said as she slowly died. Her children were gone, I don’t know were they went, and I didn’t care. I shut the hatch on the back of the van, jummped in, and drove back to my house. In the street, there were people begging me to let me in the van. The nuclear bomb would hit soon, and there was no room, so I kept driving. When they started trying to block the van, I floored it. I don’t know how many people I ran over.

I jumped out of the van, now crimsion, and started unpacking the cans into the bombshelter. it took about an hour, so by the time I got all of the cans into the bombshelter, I saw the planes. I ran into the bombshlter, and after a few minuets, I heard a extreamly loud bang. then nothing. It would be a few months till the raddiation cleared up, so I sat down. I was hungry, so I picked up a can. That’s when I realized I left the canopener in my house.

Leave a comment

127 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Pug
Pug
5 years ago

[spoiler]And that was when he knew. He fucked up. LOL,[/spoiler]

loverofcreepy avatar
loverofcreepy
5 years ago

plot twist!

IAmABear avatar
IAmABear
6 years ago

Karma hitting you hard, eh?

IAmABear avatar
IAmABear
6 years ago

I would’ve given this a 4/5, but I dropped my rating to 3/5 because of all of the spelling errors. I honestly would’ve given this a better rating if it was better quality.

Also, I was not expecting the twist at the end. I would not have thought that [spoiler]he would leave the can opener at his house![/spoiler]

T
ThirtySev
6 years ago

ha!! — oh fek…
i loved this so much i love the way it ended

5/5

MittenPower avatar
MittenPower
6 years ago

Sooo what about the water? I think that might be alittle more important don’t ya think?

FlareArrowwood avatar
FlareArrowwood
6 years ago

5/5 NOT THE CAN OPENER X”D

checkyourcloset999 avatar
checkyourcloset999
6 years ago

LMAO rip guy

J
JMac6801
6 years ago

It will be little mistakes like this that will cause humanity to die out in a situation like this, lmao. This is ALL of us!! Hahaha!!!

Chaseti127 avatar
Chaseti127
6 years ago

Wonder what happened to the kids?

xXcassidyXx avatar
xXcassidyXx
6 years ago

[spoiler][/spoiler]haha 10 outta 10 i LOVED it good job!

N
Nightowl14
6 years ago

OMFG AT THE END THERE WAS AN AD ABOUT WHAT FOODS TO STAY AWAY FROM OMG LOL

unaccepting avatar
unaccepting
6 years ago

So ironic, completely describes what I would do.[spoiler]althought most likely I would forget the canned foods and have the can opener[/spoiler]

L
legendofcaitlyn
6 years ago

This is awesome. So simple but so good.

StephenKingFan12139 avatar

couldn’t the dude use a hammer or something to open the cans?

J
JoshNortan
6 years ago

i like it but i think it should go more into the emotions of killing someone or having your morality compromised rather than just glancing over it.

lach avatar
lach
6 years ago

it wasn’t exactly creepy but it had a pretty good storyline, and was pretty relasitc i could see that happening, and it was funny, so i would give tan honest 7/10

P
pokedeath
6 years ago

wow i find it funny in a evil way 5 stars

Formynk@gmail.com avatar
[email protected]
6 years ago

Well, I expected something corny but this is a real life problem.

cjblack
cjblack
6 years ago

how could he posshibly do thish? hmhm maybe he should be more prepared for thish nuclear attack. you could alwaysh use a licenshe plate to open the cansh and there was a big pile of licenshe plates in his bomb shelter.