Door to Forever

3.5 0
18.3K
24
2 min

You awaken from a hazy dreamless sleep. You hear laughter, deep and booming, as if the source of it is amused. You look to your left at your alarm clock on your nightstand.

6:04

In red digitized numbers.

The laughter is growing louder now, and is beginning to hurt your ear drums. Wanting nothing other then to be free of this annoying ringing laughter, you throw on some clothing and rush towards your bedroom door. At first it appears as a little white square but as you approach the door, you notice a piece of paper has been nailed to the door. the paper appears to have been quickly and ungracefully ripped from a book. Hesitantly you rip the paper free of the nail suspending it to the door. On the paper in shaky scrawling writing, seemingly from a pen.

“604
DOOR TO FOREVER
INFINITY AWAITS”

Dismissively dropping the paper on the floor, you open your bedroom door and take one step forward before realizing that there is nothing before you but blackness. Darker than the darkest night you have ever seen, it seems almost swallowing, but before you have time to think about that, you feel a sickening wrenching feeling in your stomach, and the lights go out.

You awaken, and the first thing you think about is what a crazy dream you just had, but the thought is cut short by deep booming laughter that rings your eardrums. You look to your left at your alarm clock on your nightstand.

6:05

In red digitized numbers.

On your bedroom door is a note that says:

“605
DOOR TO FOREVER
INFINITY AWAITS”

The laughter echoes in your head.

Leave a comment

24 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Roblox
Roblox
6 years ago

Nice but I did kinda sorta didn’t get and then read some of the comments and then I was like oh that’s how it’s is it goes on for ever

ShahAlpha avatar
ShahAlpha
7 years ago

just don’t wake up in 6;04 or disturbing laughter.

JF13 avatar
JF13
7 years ago

This was spooky! I enjoyed the sloppiness of the door and how each minute has its own door.And the infinity of it all.

DemonicSlate avatar
DemonicSlate
7 years ago

Nice pasta! Needs a bit of backstory though…

duruzu avatar
duruzu
7 years ago

short but oh-so tasty, well done

sidedartifact avatar
sidedartifact
7 years ago

best story I have read in a long time the thought of being trapped in time terrifies me

Crystal07 avatar
Crystal07
7 years ago

I shit bricks…for real.

Who_needs_sleep avatar
Who_needs_sleep
7 years ago

Good job broman. Ya done good. Is anyone else reminded of that door in Full metal alchemist called the gate?

C
Crytis
8 years ago

good shit good shit.

TheMadGamer avatar
TheMadGamer
8 years ago

I get the infinity part, but the laughing seems out of place to me.

Fofy avatar
Fofy
8 years ago

Awesome…scary but awesome…

1
1fkedworld
8 years ago

The endless existence, very well done.

lovevil avatar
lovevil
8 years ago

IT WAS NICE

Grr
Grr
8 years ago

It was so simply scary. Nice pasta.

HESPERIDES avatar
HESPERIDES
8 years ago

it was pretty neat. I like this one!

ILoveMusic avatar
ILoveMusic
8 years ago

loved it scared me tho

RisingFog avatar
RisingFog
8 years ago

This one mAde me smile because of how eerie it is. Great job. This story describes what I think Hell might be like if it exists.

NemoLaNoire avatar
NemoLaNoire
8 years ago

Beautifully done! Though, i feel that such terms as “door” and “paper” were a bit repetitive. My favorite MiniPasta thus far!

NemoLaNoire avatar
NemoLaNoire
8 years ago

Beautifully done!

Goawayplease avatar
Goawayplease
8 years ago

I didn’t really enjoy this because of the you perspective. I like the idea even though it’s been done with different stories. Nice try though. Next time try to stray from using the reader as the person in the story.