Blurred background image
2 min read

Eyes

Author since 2013 1Story 0 Followers
Eyes

Do you know about the monster under your bed? How it wasn’t there when someone would look for it? Or was your monster behind the curtain, suddenly gone when you asked someone to check behind it? Some of them used to hide in the closet and like all of these monsters, were gone when someone else tried to find them.

Now all of them are gone. No more monsters under your bed, behind your curtain or in the closet. Now you are the one who looks for them, trying to find them on the internet, thinking they have forgotten about you. That’s not true you know. All they used to do was figure out your nightmares. What did you used to be scared of? As soon as your monster found the answer, it would strengthen your fear before disappearing. Your strongest fear, do you remember it? The irrational fear you couldn’t explain to anyone else. It is all around you, you know. No matter what you fear, in every direction you run you will find it. Back to the monster, forget your fear.
The monster still exists. Only now it is time for the next step. It needs to settle in your head.

The easiest way to do that is through your eyes. Eyes are the windows to the mind and soul. Every respectable monster knows how to climb through a window, especially open windows, like your eyes are open now. Focusing on this screen, your eyes have been open for a while. You wanted to let the story seep in, but maybe other things have come in as well. Do you feel like something might have been staring back? Something… sinister? I’m not saying it happened, but the next time you see something you are afraid of, remember there is a lot about your brain you don’t know. Maybe in there is a monster feeding on your fear, waiting to become big enough to consume you. Thank you for opening your eyes for me, thank you for opening those beautiful windows to your soul for me.

Leave a comment

29 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Crux v.
Crux v.
5 years ago

Thank you this helped me focus on my work of dread

DiamondCevert avatar
DiamondCevert
6 years ago

Freaky and awesomely cool. Kinda like the Weeping Angels in Dr Who in the episode where one was living in eye of Rose. Brilliantly short but awesomely cool !!! 10/10!!!!

MetallicaFan avatar
MetallicaFan
6 years ago

Woah, super freaky XD
4/5

elksy1 avatar
elksy1
6 years ago

lost my mind have no soul can’t see into what you don’t have

ComicClub avatar
ComicClub
6 years ago

I love this story!

Buckets avatar
Buckets
6 years ago

u got my fuckin’ skin crawling!!!!

Chaseti127 avatar
Chaseti127
6 years ago

O.M.F.G!!!!!!!!!!u just brought back my fear

Creeparoo avatar
Creeparoo
7 years ago

Nice job u really played with my head

MillenniumLint333 avatar
MillenniumLint333
7 years ago

oh shit, well we all know who’s fucked

Tsorum avatar
Tsorum
7 years ago

This was dlishouse i cant wait for the monster to get me oh how fun that will be

BLACKWINGS avatar
BLACKWINGS
7 years ago

For your misfortune…I have no fears
I barely have feelings so…

Crystal07 avatar
Crystal07
7 years ago

SHIT! HELL NO!

chibicanada
chibicanada
7 years ago

I have no soul

DracoHN30 avatar
DracoHN30
8 years ago

well shit

K
Jeff/Keaganmeyer
8 years ago

I like how it reminded me I have a game on pause. 10/10. Good work on this one.

cviti123 avatar
cviti123
8 years ago

Good pasta. I didn’t feel like sleeping anyway… It could have been a bit more surprising, but I love the idea 8/10

MoonscaredShadow avatar
MoonscaredShadow
8 years ago

That was creepy lol

AdriannaMichaels avatar
AdriannaMichaels
8 years ago

I used to be scared of Chucky when I was little… you just reminded me, how dare you.

N
nana
8 years ago

“Question? Question, question, question, question?”
Uh, not really.
I didn’t feel anything staring back (the story didn’t make me). There was no sinister feeling. I didn’t feel a hint bit scared so no monster got the chance to crawl in through my eyes. Weird. I have my suspected supernatural monsters but this story actually gave me a moment to not be scared of them.

C
CreepyShorts
8 years ago

could be better