Blurred background image
7 min read

I Found You

Author since 2015 1Story 0 Followers
I Found You

4:23AM
I didn’t imagine it… I’m not fucking insane. My vision may have been distorted as a result of my excessive alcohol consumption, but I know what I saw. I know that it was real, I’ve been sat in a bath full of cold water for the past hour to try and shake the feeling of being covered in blood. Her blood.

– 5 hours earlier –

It must have been about 11pm when I stumbled through my front door. Perhaps ‘stumbled’ is an understatement. I quite literally collapsed from how mentally exhausted I was and all I wanted to do was sleep. It had been exactly 6 months since Hannah went missing and despite my efforts of distracting myself, I knew that it would take more than several vodka shots and the burning sensation that they left in my throat to stop me from thinking about her.

Hannah is my younger sister. She’s an introverted, yet somewhat jittery 16 year old that always looks unsettled – which is why I don’t believe that she ran away. No, she was kidnapped.

The last person that saw Hannah on the night of her disappearance was her friend as she was leaving the party that she was at, until I walked into my kitchen and saw her sitting on the floor tonight.

“H-Hannah?” I spluttered as I rubbed my eyes, trying to adjust my sight to the dark room. No response. She was sat on the floor with her back against the fridge, hugging her knees into her chest. Without hesitation, I slammed my fist against the light switch to illuminate the room but before I could run towards her, there were 3 loud bangs against the window. I looked up to see my sister, Hannah on the other side of the glass. Although her voice was muffled, the terror-stricken expression on her face which was covered in smudged makeup made it clear what she was saying. In between sobs, she was telling me to get out. I switched my attention to the girl sat on my floor – who was now staring at me.

I swiftly turned around and grabbed the door handle but the door wouldn’t open, the handle wouldn’t even turn. Whilst I was frantically trying to move the handle, I locked eyes with the girl in my kitchen, who was now slowly standing up. She wore the same baggy, faded pink sweater that Hannah always wore. However, it was ripped and soaked with blood, which caused the material to cling to her petite frame. I glanced over to the window but Hannah was no longer there. Had she gone to get help? I vigorously slammed my body repeatedly into the door in a futile attempt to open it. Then, she started to speak and my whole body froze.

“I found you”, she whispered emotionlessly, not moving her empty eyes from mine.
“Where… the fuck… is my sister?” I growled. This can’t be her, I thought to myself. The way that she was menacingly glaring at me… Hannah would never look at me that way. The girl standing in front of me looked inhuman and drained of life. Even though she looked identical to Hannah, it couldn’t be her. Without a doubt, it was my sister outside through the window and I needed to get to her – I wasn’t going to lose her again. Suddenly, the girl threw herself into me and wrapped her arms around my waist. I yelled as I thrusted my body forwards but she just squeezed me harder. Mindlessly, I kneed her in the stomach, reached for the kettle and swung it around her head. As she fell to the ground, the door burst open from behind me. It was Hannah.

She clung on to my arm and cried whilst I stood in stunned silence, staring at the unconscious girl on the floor who was now surrounded by a pool of blood. It must have been about 2 minutes that I stood there, but Hannah’s chillingly cold hands which were gripped so tightly onto my arm made it feel like I was standing there for hours. As cold as she felt, her fingertips burned my skin. Suddenly, she let go and walked towards the girl. She still hadn’t moved an inch. Hannah pressed her fingers into the girls neck to feel her pulse. She waited for a few seconds and then looked up at me, shaking her head. Had I killed her? No, she was bleeding, she would have bled out anyway. I knew that I had to do something about this, but I had to sort out Hannah first. I decided that I should put her to bed and that we would talk about everything in the morning; I didn’t want to overwhelm her. So, I washed her face, tucked her into my bed and decided that I needed to have a bath and take it all in.

4:23AM
I was covered in the blood of that girl and my stomach churned at the thought of her lifeless body on my kitchen floor. She couldn’t have been human… Even the way she walked made her look monstrous. Hannah hadn’t spoken to me at all whilst I was putting her to bed which really worried me. All she did was stare blankly at me. Coming to think of it, I swear that she didn’t even blink. She must have been through a lot for the past 6 months, all I need to do is concentrate on is keeping her safe. I stepped out of the bath, still feeling dazed. As much as I didn’t want to deal with the dead body in my kitchen, I knew that I had to before Hannah wakes up.

I slowly crept downstairs as the floorboards creaked beneath my feet. I stood outside the kitchen door. Why was I afraid to go in? My throat felt sore, as if I had swallowed razor blades. I gulped and pushed open the door.

Gone. Everything was gone and my kitchen had returned to its immaculate state. The body, the blood, it was gone. I stepped backwards and screamed as I nearly tripped over.

Hannah.

I sprinted up the staircase to my bedroom where Hannah was sleeping. I pushed open my bedroom floor and collapsed to my knees. My head started spinning and all I could see nothing but an ocean of crimson. Blood stained my carpet and had been sprayed up the walls. The dead girl from downstairs had been cut up. Parts of her body were spread all around the room, including the head which had been decapitated. Above her sat a girl with long black hair, blacked out eyes and ghostly pale skin. She looked up from her cupped hands which were holding what looked like the heart of the girl, and slowly smiled at me – her mouth dripping with blood. That’s not my sister. My sister is the girl that’s currently scattered around my bedroom, it was her all along. Whilst hyperventilating and paralysed with fear, I managed to make out the words written in blood on my wall.

‘YOU CHOSE THE WRONG ONE’

Before I could catch my breath, the creature sank her teeth into the heart of my sister and croaked, “I found you.”

Leave a comment

49 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
loverofcreepy avatar
loverofcreepy
5 years ago

WOW plot twist

DrJagged avatar
DrJagged
5 years ago

Great pasta, but a little explanation of why his sister had looked at him like that would have been helpful… overall good pasta, would eat again, gore factor 8.5/10, overall pasta 9.25/10

CommanderMeouch avatar
CommanderMeouch
6 years ago

Whoopsie!!!!!!

Great story!!!! 10 outta 10!

Maolios avatar
Maolios
6 years ago

It’s a twist for the sake of being a twist. There’s nothing to indicate he might have made the wrong choice until the end.
But who takes a 5 hour salt bath?

Adean162 avatar
Adean162
6 years ago

10/10

Autmonaunt
Autmonaunt
6 years ago

not as scary as some but still good

TheManToYourLeft avatar
TheManToYourLeft
6 years ago

Do you reckon the heart tasted any good?

H
horrornerd
6 years ago

I don’t want to be mean but I predicted almost the whole story, it was a really good read and I really liked the story only it was just really predicable. One thing that bothered no one else but it slowed me down was when you said floor not door and my stupidity made me just sit there thinking ” how do you push a floor?”.

tutumasta23 avatar
tutumasta23
6 years ago

make it a movie

FangirlOfStuff
FangirlOfStuff
6 years ago

Did NOT see that coming! Awesome story!!

memer john
memer john
6 years ago

bamboozled again

Xx_Sasuke114_xX avatar
Xx_Sasuke114_xX
6 years ago

I liked it it was fairly decent I guess you could say my mind was “all over the place” after reading that

ArnyC117 avatar
ArnyC117
6 years ago

Ok, so explain why he expected Hannah to still look normal after six months. Like, someone can’t simply look completely normal after six months of being gone.

DeletedFiles avatar
DeletedFiles
6 years ago

No kidding, Is that the best you can do. My Grandmother Elaine Roger’s last night, ate the girl next door, Night before that was my G/F. Please if you wanna help listen. Didn’t imagine it… I’m not fucking insane….Hahhahaha Love My lord Satan. Sold My soul at 14….I was O.D at the time and i herd this buzzing sound in my ears so I ask if anyone could stop it even the devil. I would give you my all. It worked. But trust me when I say this, I payed for it. lost all my teeth have great looks but I have this burning feeling that He has bigger plans for me. ANywayS Gotta go Get My drink. Ummm Blood..

RikatoTokari avatar
RikatoTokari
6 years ago

I honestly wouldn’t have been convinced by the girl outside the window. The guy’s reasoning is that the Hannah he knew wouldn’t have been as emotionless as the girl in his kitchen was and that’s why he was convinced that the one outside was the real Hannah. I’ve heard alot of stories about kidnappings and there’s one thing that I’ve noticed that they all have in common; the victim is never the same person that you once knew. They all come back different after going through that experience. I actually guessed how the story was going to turn out just based off of that and I cringed when he killed the Hannah in the kitchen because I just had a horrible feeling that he had majorly fucked up. Great job!!! I loved it!!!!

X
xandez
6 years ago

wow I knew it… I thought his sister was warning him!

JenDameronAndor avatar
JenDameronAndor
6 years ago

Wow!
That really surprised me, great story.

jaderain92516 avatar
jaderain92516
6 years ago

wow.. love the story and love the twist. It was definitely interesting! easy 9/10

J
J
6 years ago

I liked this one. Although it didn’t have much of a build up it just jumped right in without building up any suspense. Also if you just ended it with “you chose the wrong one” and cut the last line (kind of cheesy) it would be a way better ending.

B
Bryan724
6 years ago

So your sister disappears for 6 months and someone attacks you and your first reaction is “okay time to go to sleep” not “holy shit call the cops”