Blurred background image
5 min read

Somnambulism

Author since 2013 1Story 0 Followers
Somnambulism

12/02/11

Dear Diary,
So, I got my computer today. I convinced my parents that I needed it for my studies, I just wanted to be able to get on Facebook after my dad got home at 7. I mean, what kind of curfew is 7, right? My old diary is falling apart as is so I figured I’d do it here. I found a program that does it for me. Aside from the unicorn on the home screen, it’s pretty useful. So, today David talked to me, I totally froze up. Why would he talk to me? I’m totally not his type. I’m supposed to help him on his homework on Wednesday. He’s so cute. =) I like that I can use smilies in my diary now. I’m so glad I got this computer. Time to go brag on Facebook, it’s going to be a fun weekend.

-Madison

12/03/11

Dear Diary,
So, David’s friend posted on Facebook that he was reading creepy pastas. He was doing it WITH DAVID!!! He posted the link to one of the sites. It’s cool, it’s like urban legends but there’s a lot of them. I don’t think I’m going to get much done this weekend as far as studying goes. Well, I’m off to do some reading, smile.jpg got me hooked. That picture is soooo creepy.

12/04/11

Dear Diary,
I didn’t know whether to call this the third or the fourth, it’s 4 a.m. and I can’t sleep, ugh! I’ve read so many of these things and I can’t stop. I’ll probably be asleep all day. Oh well, what are weekends for?

-Madison

Dear Diary,
Well, I don’t think I need to post the date again since it’s still the same day. It’s 6 p.m. and I can’t sleep. Every time I cut the lights off I just know that some ghost is watching me, that Slenderman is ready to smother me in his cold embrace. (I heard that line in a movie, like it?) Oh well, I may as well do some more reading. I’ll wear myself out eventually.

-Madison

12/06/11

Dear Diary,
I don’t even know how I did it. I totally missed Monday, I don’t remember Sunday night ever happening, I think I might have slept but I don’t remember it or feel like I did. I went to school today. I was sent home, I called the teacher “Mom” and she said I looked like I was still ill and needed more time to recover. I got home, laid down for 4 hours, and then got on here. I just can’t sleep. I don’t know what could be hiding behind my eyelids. I just got a message on Facebook that David asked where I was. He totally realized I was gone. OMG! I need to sleep before our study date tomorrow.

-Madison

12/07/11

Worst day ever! I couldn’t sleep bt I didnt realize the time until David showed up. He cancelled nd left as quick as he could. I could tell my apperance scared him. I couldnt blame him. I looked worse then ever. I need sleep, i keep seeing people out of the corner of my eyes.

12/08/11

I dnt know what to say bit im pretty sure im being watched right now. Most of the shadows go away but theres a new shadow in my corner. It hasnt been there before. I don’t want to talk to it. I dont want it to talk

madison

12/09/11

Dear diary
It is smilin wider and wider. This is all its done is smile and make iself more visbl . I cany imagine something like this. He is wearin nice shoes and very nice suit and a very nice bowler hat. Aside frm the eyes and smile he looks nice. His eyes open sideways and he has at least three times the teeth i do. I want him to talk his stare is scary.
Madison

12/10/11

Diary
He sad hes gonna call me maddy and brought me a kind of flowr i havent seen before. It seem to change color in my hand. He says to call him “M” and that i cant pronounce or even hear his real name. He wont say much else. I want to go downstais and see my parents but it seems far. M assures me that they r fine.

Madison

12/11/11

Dear diary i went downstairs and my house is empty All my furniturke gon and the note on the door says that the house has been condemned since aprl 4 2013. It is a year and a half away almost. There is a hole in my livingroomfloor tht seems to dig partway into the basement. There’s blood all around this hole. I just googled it n saw tht a famil of 3 had been msdered in my house n i saw my picture! It was sad. I wonder if David was sad. It appeers as ritualistic sacrifice. M is talking, reassuring, he wants to take me to a place where i cn be happy agan i dont want to hear it. The name Maddy sounds stupid anyway. He seems angry.

12/12/11

Hello Diary,
I seem to be suffering from a state of being not unlike somnambulism, as a result I have conjured up absolutely ridiculous images including but not limited to this “man in a bowler hat.” Please disregard my previous entries as they were clearly the ravings of a lunatic.
Love, Maddy

Leave a comment

25 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
chtrri
chtrri
4 years ago

this is so creepy! good job (^u^)

AaronPen avatar
AaronPen
6 years ago

I wasn’t captivated at first but on the fifth entry I got a bit interested. In the end, it was a nice addition to add “Love, Maddy,” for it implies that the “man in a bowler hat” wrote it. All in all, Good Job.

GriffFromDiscord avatar
GriffFromDiscord
6 years ago

its kinda obvious that the “man in the nice bowler hat” was the one to write the last entry, as Madison hated being called Maddy.[spoiler] the ending seems as if he may have killed her, but…. apparently she was already dead?[/spoiler] might this have something to do with sleepwalking? (thats what somnambulism is). she was just a lost soul? perhaps. nooooobody knooooooows.

queenofdrknss avatar
queenofdrknss
7 years ago

The story was great. Her decent into craziness was amazing.

vizthex avatar
vizthex
7 years ago

I love how as she descends into madness the entire get poorly written. Great pasta, one of my favs.

MidnightStalker360 avatar
MidnightStalker360
7 years ago

I had to read this two times to understand it. The end kinda got me but then i saw the maddy part which was a great addition. 10/10

Cool story
Cool story
8 years ago

Great story I love how the last entry was the hat guy. Very great story 10 outa 10

GalacticGlitch avatar
GalacticGlitch
8 years ago

this was amazing pretty creepy yet simple perfect

Dorothy_is_missing. avatar

The story was alright. Going insane, creepy man, sinister discovery. Same formula, but the journal format made for a more modern story. 3/5

T
TheSpoiler
8 years ago

[spoiler][/spoiler] It’s assumed that she was murdered on 12/06/11 because she said she didn’t remember it. That might be because that when you die, you don’t know how or when. Since it said it was condemned a year and a half before her time (More time if it was later), so maybe a day for her was like a couple months real time.

Raythian03 avatar
Raythian03
8 years ago

Woah. I love the last entry, especially how she says ‘Love, Maddy’ when the entry before that she says, ‘Maddy is a stupid name.’ Hm….

Wejto
Wejto
8 years ago

Creepy pasta mentioning creepy pasta. Nice one.

I do like how Madison’s style of writing kept on changing in time (reminds me of Flowers for Algernon) and the role of “Maddy” (besides others) for actual open ending.

Even the timeline makes me a sense (apart from the years – posted 2011/condemned 2013), so did David’s reaction and such.

It all makes one think…

-M

T
tintin9081
9 years ago

It got a boot repetitive at times with how short some of the journal entries got, but either way this was an excellent Creepy Pasta

K
kraykray16
9 years ago

I totally see it!! I knew something wasn’t right when the last part was written in complete sentences. Nice pasta. 🙂

S
Shinra
9 years ago

I’d hate for my blog to be taken over by a creepy dude with a bowling hat D: especially if he started replacing my name with a nickname I hate!

W
Wolffemale
9 years ago

The best pasta I’ve read so far! Creepy. You have to think about this, you can’t just read.

D
DontSleepwalk
10 years ago

8o

S
SaneButStrange
10 years ago

I loved this.

D
D
10 years ago

Also, M is clearly Walter White.

P
Panday
10 years ago

Now that I go and re-read the last entry, you’re right.
It’s the ‘Maddy’ part that gives it away.