Blurred background image
2 min read

The Broadcast

Author since 2014 11Stories 0 Followers
The Broadcast

In 1988 an unknown broadcast overtook several UHF stations in the Midwestern United States for six consecutive nights. The broadcast would last for only a few minutes and consisted of white static with a gray silhouette of a person in the center of the screen. The shadowed figure spoke with a an androgynous but deep voice and always spoke in whispers.

Those who witnessed the unknown broadcast reported that the figure would make bizarre statements that would influence one person but not another.

It’s been confirmed by the witnesses that the figure had said the following: ‘Go to sleep’, ‘Don’t drink the water’, ‘Conceive’, ‘Don’t believe anyone’, ‘Don’t trust anyone’, ‘Save me’, ‘Use the knife’, ‘Bury him’, ‘Burn the evidence’ and ‘Find me’.

After the broadcasts hit the airwaves and massive string of criminal activities began manifesting throughout the Midwest: Burglaries, physical and sexual assaults, attempted murder, attempted suicide and arson plagued many towns and cities.

Those who were arrested all claimed that the were just following orders and that they had to listen because the figure’s voice gave them recurring nightmares. The nightmares only stopped after they committed the crimes.

The origin of the broadcast remains unknown and the purpose of the broadcast has never been determined.

Leave a comment

26 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
vizthex avatar
vizthex
1 year ago

Mysterious, and short yet scary.

Horror Ziom
Horror Ziom
2 years ago

Hi,

check out my interpretation of this stroy here:

https://youtu.be/OOF_7tU8Z9Q

P
pokedeath
6 years ago

holy shit this is creepy 5/5

Creepyman
Creepyman
6 years ago

Reminds me of the horror movie rings

1
1encoded1
6 years ago

Short and sweet

loverofcreepy avatar
loverofcreepy
7 years ago

I loved this story, very well written 9/10

BoReDoM030 avatar
BoReDoM030
7 years ago

I’ll follow you to the end Mysterious Figure Sir

RedPandaSaysBOO avatar
RedPandaSaysBOO
7 years ago

This is one of the short pastas
It had Pasta
just pasta.

JackTorrance237-19 avatar
JackTorrance237-19
7 years ago

This was written very well. I agree with the statements above. It should be longer. Perhaps it would be even remotely creepy if there was a basis or some shit like that.

duruzu avatar
duruzu
7 years ago

Very good!! Would have liked it to be longer to put me even more on edge. Short but sweet 3/5
More pls!

CassaQueen avatar
CassaQueen
7 years ago

I don’t really see the point in this… It’s an interesting story but there isn’t enough information to go on to make it worth the read, no matter how short it is.

X
xHannibal
7 years ago

Wonderful CP, leaves you wondering if this is a true story or not. I think its brilliant when you’re left with thousands of questions and are allowed to deliberate the ending or the factuality. Plus it lives up to the Creepypasta name!

KillerAnimatronic avatar
KillerAnimatronic
7 years ago

I think it was way too short but other than that it was good, I guess. 4/5

Gloth
Gloth
7 years ago

Ha.I know who was that glitch.he is resame.Elmo’s ghost.Go to your bathroom.before doing this turn off ALL the lights in your home,(including the lights outside.)Now put your hands on the mirror and say “Candy man” 5 times.A face will appear.Now again run to the brightest part of your house.you only have 5 seconds.hide.If you took the time to read this,since your soo curious, do it yourself.

DarkPen
DarkPen
7 years ago

Too short, uninteresting, and mediocre. There are far better pastas on this site that deserves recognition.

2/10

Iridescent avatar
Iridescent
7 years ago

If im not mistaken, was this based on the Max Headroom television intrusion of 1987 on the Chicago television stations?

K
KillerKupcake
7 years ago

Can anyone say, “government conspiracy”? Anyone?

catlady143 avatar
catlady143
7 years ago

other than being a little long winded i liiked it. just kidding. about the long winded par anyway.

neverendingwhy11 avatar
neverendingwhy11
7 years ago

This was nice. Short and to the point.

TheManWhoSpeaksInHands avatar

Here’s something that all those people lied to themselves about —-> “Как я пешком через долину смерти, я должен бояться никакого зла!” And anyone who can’t read Russian, this says “As I walk through The Valley of Death, I shall fear no evil!” … It’s a joke because they didn’t do what it said.