Blurred background image
2 min read

The Growths

The Growths

I’d had them ever since I was a kid.

I can remember being incredibly self-conscious about them, hiding them in my pockets under books and bags. The kids at school never said anything to my face, but I knew they were laughing behind my back.

I remember asking my parents to take me to the doctor, to get them checked out. The growths on my hands seemed to be the elephant in the room back then, since they’d just say I was fine and change the subject. But I knew better.

I had tried to remove them as a child, but without avail. Scissors, knives, potato peelers; trying to cut or scrape them off was always a lost cause because I couldn’t continue once the pain kicked in.

But today was different. It’s amazing how numb you can get with a couple of tourniquettes and a bottle of Jack Daniels. I was originally planning to use a sharp knife, but figured that trying to slice through the tough flesh of the growths would be too arduous in my drunken state. I opted for the slightly more technological plan B.

I had to hurry though. I was already pretty light-headed and was starting to feel dizzy. My hands and forearms, nearly blue from the lack of circulation, couldn’t wait much longer either. The whirring of the blender helped to put me in a sort of trance–ready to do what I had wanted to do since I first looked down at my strange deformities.

I shoved my left hand in first. The immediate sensation of sharp blades slicing through flesh was jarring, but I was surprised at how well the alcohol was working–I expected it to hurt more. I could hear the sharp metal churning and cutting, working perfectly as planned. I pressed my hand down harder. All those bad memories, all of the embarrasment–all of those horrible things were now nothing more than a thick red pulp.

Breaking from the feelings of ectsasy, I pulled out before the blades hit knuckle. I smiled, taking a good look at my new hand. As for the growths–well, five down, and five to go.

Leave a comment

26 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
T
ThirtySev
6 years ago

oohoo myy gooodddd…
i love this !!!!!.. i love this so much… i love the twist.. i went back and read it twice so i could read it all with the realization of these ‘growths’ …
this is so original !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 5/5

The Best
The Best
6 years ago

I think he was insane band that’s why his parents didn’t do anything, or he lived in a world that nobody has fingers, maybe some other type of fingers but not the ones we know of

ViolentViolet666 avatar
ViolentViolet666
6 years ago

Nice

Mehlam avatar
Mehlam
7 years ago

I loved your story. It had a good start and was not very easy to predict. You could have elongated the story a bit by giving more description about the growth it’s always nice to have a slightly longer read. But it’s a good micropasta. The most major problem here was that it was slightly less on logic. But it has a good twist. Good read. 3.7/5

CRIMSONBEAST avatar
CRIMSONBEAST
7 years ago

i was really curious to get what kind of growths they were .. its good pasta but needed better ending

stitches15 avatar
stitches15
7 years ago

Fingers, everybody has them.

Eminems avatar
Eminems
7 years ago

i might just be rly slow, but i didn’t actually get they were fingers until i read the comments and then i was like, “ooooooohhhhh”. But don’t get me wrong. I did like the story. Keep up the good work!

Trinity avatar
Trinity
7 years ago

Story: The Growths
Length: Tiny

*inhales*
…boi

CreepsSirJoe avatar
CreepsSirJoe
7 years ago

HAHA!! Great job, the twist really got. Ha I can’t stop laughing at this one. But nice descriptive detail made me cringe.

creepypasta_jeff avatar
creepypasta_jeff
7 years ago

I think I have to agree that he’s referring to his fingers. I noticed you spelled the word “ecstasy” in a wrong way. It’s ecstasy not ectsasy. Awesome twisted story by the way though I must agree you should do more with the ending.

Nadir
Nadir
7 years ago

What just happened

Xxbvbfallenangelxx avatar
Xxbvbfallenangelxx
7 years ago

That was interesting. Very cool.

A
AbbyTheHoe
7 years ago

[spoiler][/spoiler]They were his fingers -.-

But why were the kids laughing at him if he didn’t have any weird growths?

HorrorHype avatar
HorrorHype
8 years ago

This was really interesting until the big disappointment that they were just normal fingers. Not very creative.

1801leek avatar
1801leek
8 years ago

like someone had said before me, i gotta agree with Nana, wouldn’t he notice everyone else having the growths? like if hes mentally ill their might be a reason that you could think of but taking this into account it ruins the twist

rachellyn0205 avatar
rachellyn0205
8 years ago

I liked it. I don’t understand completely (yes, they were fingers but did no one else have them or was he crazy?) but I like that about it. It’s not as interesting if you explain everything to death.

LeonardDaniel
LeonardDaniel
8 years ago

As it goes, if you can’t scare them, bore them. If you can’t bore them, gore them. You have to distinguish between descriptive language and needless shock value. One takes passion, the other is like babbling, you could do it all day long. Think constructively towards the overall arch of the story, keep away from the pitfall of gore: remember scare first gore last, the very last resort.

PinkLemonade avatar
PinkLemonade
8 years ago

This is an awesomely twisted story.

Bebe
Bebe
8 years ago

Yeah I kinda knew from the point you started talking bout growths oh hands it would be your fingers so the ending didnt have the same inpact. sorry.

SmileDog avatar
SmileDog
9 years ago

Is it kinda like the twilite zone where every thing is different. Like all other people didn’t have so called growths (which I think are fingers) but the person in the story did