The Thing in the Window

4.3 0
25.3K
32
3 min

That thing has been there for almost a week. The figure in the window. It looks featureless, only skin on a human frame, and it’s pressing itself against the glass somehow. I don’t know how it got there, and I don’t know how to get rid of it.

At first I thought it was a prank, a doll or mannequin that some jerks put there to scare me. But I realized as I walked out of my house to pull it away… it wasn’t there. I shrugged it off, thinking that someone had hidden it while I was talking through my door. But I went back in and looked out that same window, and it was looking in, staring at me. I walked aruond my house, yelling for whoever it was to come out, but no one was there. The thing is hairless and naked, and it didn’t look like it actually had eyes, or even a face at all. But its head is turned towards me when I enter the room. When I sit on my computer, I can feel its faceless hatred boring into my neck. But when I turn around, it’s innocently turned in a different direction.

Finally on Thursday I tried to open the window, but it’s stuck. I think the thing’s hands are keeping it down. But I got a good look at its face. Its eyes and mouth are behind the skin, pushing outward.

It stared at me, smiling.

Of course, I screamed.

I pulled back a fist and smashed it onto the glass, determined once and for all to get rid of the glaring monster. I know I’m strong enough. That glass should’ve cracked. But it didn’t. It shuddered under my hand, but it didn’t break. And that smile just got wider and wider and wider, until I thought its head would break in half. It raised its own hand and bashed the window with its palm. It was mocking me. But I saw the faintest crack begin to appear where it had hit, and I backed away. No way did I want that smile in the same room as me.

So I got a roll of duct tape, and I started covering the window. I couldn’t look directly at it; I nearly shit my pants just knowing it was watching me. But I couldn’t help it, I took a quick glance at the skin covered face. A small peek.

It was angry.

That grin was now a gaping frown full of teeth. The skin had ripped away from its mouth and I coul see down its cavernous throat. A menacing rumble started to fill the house, and that hairline crack began to spread like splintering ice. I pulled down the duct tape. The rumble stopped, the split skin healed over, and it began to smile again. Now it’s night, and the noise hasn’t started again. There are no sounds, no rumble, no crackling glass. Everything’s quiet now. I can feel its claws gripping the back of my chair. I can hear its skin stretching as it smiles.

It’s watching me type.

Leave a comment

32 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Noonespecial
Noonespecial
3 years ago

My little sister is the one who wrote the rough draft of this story. She had others just as good but never posted them. I don’t know why but she gave up writing these

DrJagged avatar
DrJagged
5 years ago

Nice Description, but how did it [spoiler] get in the house? Did it break the window? Vague… [/spoiler]

Overall 9.25/10 would be better if fixed thing above

SwampChicken101 avatar
SwampChicken101
6 years ago

wowwee that ruined a lot of childhood but then again the character my user is tortured someone for 50 mins strait so…

MrCrabs avatar
MrCrabs
6 years ago

I was reading thiswhaen my friend knocked on my window….never moved so fast in my life…..

star lord
star lord
7 years ago

get me my shot gun pls I will end it

TwilightRose avatar
TwilightRose
7 years ago

This was great!

LiliththeDollmaker avatar
LiliththeDollmaker
8 years ago

I’ve been reading this pasta sooo many times and I can the whole story in my head. My mom says she’s gonna get a man to cosplay Rake and crawl up my window

OliviaRomineD avatar
OliviaRomineD
8 years ago

That was really good! I love these kinds of Pasta’s and it was definitely worth the read.

S
silentfrogs
8 years ago

Ooh. Creepy and well done. I like that there’s enough left to the imagination to really scare the reader.

the149experiment avatar
joe
8 years ago

I’d just stare back at it after that happened.

Mr.Creepy666 avatar
Mr.Creepy666
8 years ago

Time for curtians

deathhead avatar
deathhead
8 years ago

otherwise … nice

deathhead avatar
deathhead
8 years ago

pls stop writing this stuff i am running around the house screaming whenever a bird taps on my window!!!!!!!!!!!

M
Murpisgonnakillu
8 years ago

OMFG!!!!! HOW’D IT GET IN THE HOUSE???

D
Discopie
8 years ago

Whenever people talk about things always watching them it creeps the f out of me, so really good ending.

that1guy avatar
that1guy
9 years ago

10/10 well done, believe me, I’m that one guy.

UnknownMCKat137 avatar
UnknownMCKat137
9 years ago

It’s you who has been following my friend… This is no made up story! This person is following my friend Chase! Stop!

M
maximum6ride
9 years ago

nice job

A
Anteroom
9 years ago

Never looking out the window ever again.

G
GnollKing
9 years ago

Well done very creepy. Closing my curtains now.