We Danced

4.3 0
23.8K
38
3 min

Footsteps aren’t an uncommon thing to hear when you’re sitting in a basement, so I think nothing of it when I hear quiet thuds coming from my upstairs hallway. I just assume it’s my brother, and continue doing whatever pointless little thing I was doing at the time. They go on for another couple minutes, and I’m starting to get pissed off. They keep getting louder and louder and I sigh, wondering what the hell my brother’s doing this late at night. I sit there, because it’s impossible to focus with the racket. I mean, it sounds like someone’s power walking all over my main floor.

I sit there and listen as the thumps get faster and wilder. They just keep moving, almost starting to form a rhythm. They move even faster and get even wilder and they’re thumping all over my main floor. I realize that whatever this is, it can’t be human. No human can move like that.

“What the fuck?!” I finally yell. After that, all the noises stop. Everything is quiet for a moment, and then I hear calm, slow footsteps moving to my basement door. The door is pushed open, and the footsteps stop again. I listen to my breathing for the next three minutes, then sigh, thinking it’s over. Turns out something else was listening, too. Suddenly I hear it thudding down the stairs, and I knock my chair over in my haste to stand up. I start to run towards the nearest closet, just in time to see a grotesque, hairless, four-legged creature, dancing towards me, tapping it’s swollen feet in an intoxicating rhythm. I dive into the closet and slam the door shut. There’s a half-second pause and then I hear that same rhythm on the door.

It just keeps going and going with no pause, no rests, no relief. He’s been at it for hours now, and I find myself tapping my fingers along with his song. But then, just as suddenly as it began, it ends. I wait for a few moments, then look out. He’s gone. I flip on a light and fall into a chair. It’s safe. I relax and think for a few moments. But then I notice my foot tapping. Maybe this song isn’t so bad, I almost like it enough to dance to it. So I drop down on my hands and feet, and I start.

Leave a comment

38 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Pumpkin2500 avatar
Pumpkin2500
3 years ago

i like this one! (also first comment in 3 years lol). would def rate it if i could

Candy
Candy
4 years ago

God it’s so creepy! The fact that this unknown grotesque swollen creature is intruding this persons home and standing outside their hiding spot for hours just stomping its bruised feet onto the ground….yet words like ‘intoxicating’ is used. Its so mismatched and uncanny. I love it <3

Ben
Ben
5 years ago

We danced… Out there on that empty hardwood floor… Chairs up and the lights turned way down low…

RoryHarmony avatar
RoryHarmony
5 years ago

Well, this is a good one.
The fact that [spoiler]the storyteller became another victim of the devilish rhytm[/spoiler] is the part that gives you chills. [spoiler]And the circle goes on.[/spoiler] Good pasta.

endodz
endodz
5 years ago

Does anyone have any idea on who wrote this?

A
apersonnamedaf
5 years ago

Not that creepy, weird way to end it, but it was ok, a bit average. 6/10

Hufftimber avatar
Hufftimber
6 years ago

[spoiler]“What the fuck?!”[/spoiler]

Sirrmo
Sirrmo
6 years ago

…. and we danced, and we cried, and we laughed, and had a really really really good time

Omfi avatar
Omfi
6 years ago

So a dancing monster

CRIMSONBEAST avatar
CRIMSONBEAST
7 years ago

oh now the idea of dancing creep me out .. cool simple pasta

duruzu avatar
duruzu
7 years ago

Gosh, that thoroughly spooked me! Quite chilling, luckily the comments are funny and helped calm the fear. Great story

NoOne avatar
NoOne
7 years ago

This is an amazing pasta. It gave me chills and it was very creative. Keep up the good work.

melcyeh avatar
melcyeh
7 years ago

Feels very creepy when [spoiler]you get to the last line[/spoiler] These comments are funny too!

Crystal07 avatar
Crystal07
7 years ago

“[spoiler]…a grotesque, hairless, four-legged creature, dancing towards me, tapping it’s swollen feet in an intoxicating rhythm[/spoiler]” – It was another human who fell victim to “it”. Apparently, “grotesque” because it had a crazed insane look on its face, hairless because it was really old, and swollen feet because it had been tapping its feet for a really long time.

A
AbbyTheHoe
7 years ago

Awesome pasta! But I don’t really understand why it’s tagged as a ‘Madness’ pasta…

8/10

GenericX avatar
GenericX
7 years ago

It’s a creepy story, I like it.

Pinetree's Revenge
Pinetree's Revenge
8 years ago

calmz0mbie! I was going to post that comment! I’m going to post it anyway.

“We can dance if we want to, we can leave our friends behind” S.A.F.T.Y D.A.N.C.E!

D
Demuerto
8 years ago

Not all that creepy but entertaining

kyriavg avatar
kyriavg
8 years ago

Say goodbye, as we dance with the devil tonight.
Don’t you dare look at him in the eye, as we dance with the devil tonight

DrtyPsych0.exe avatar
DrtyPsych0.exe
8 years ago

You decided to dance with the devil now you’ll lose your mind to the enchanting beat of Satan’s heart bum,bum,bum dadi da