Where Bad Kids Go

4.5 0
50.1K
57
3 min

I must have been six or seven when I lived in Lebanon. The country was ravaged by war at the time, and murders were common and frequent. I remember during a particularly vicious era, when the bombings rarely stopped, I would stay at home sitting in front of my television watching a very, very strange show.

It was a kids’ show that lasted about 30 minutes and contained strange and sinister images. To this day I believe it was a thinly veiled attempt on the part of the media to use scare tactics to keep kids in place, because the moral of every episode revolved around very uptight ideologies: stuff like, “bad kids stay up late,” “bad kids have their hands under the covers when they sleep,” and “bad kids steal food from the fridge at night.”

It was very weird, and in Arabic to top it off. I didn’t understand much of it, but for the most part the images were very graphic and comprehensive. The thing that stuck with me the most, however, was the closing scene. It remained much the same in every episode. The camera would zoom in on an old, rusted, closed door. As it got closer to the door, strange and sometimes even agonizing screams would become more audible. It was extremely frightening, especially for children’s programming. Then a text would appear on the screen in Arabic reading: “That’s where bad kids go.” Eventually both the image and the sound would fade out, and that would be the end of the episode.

About 15 or 16 years later I became a journalistic photographer. That show had been in my mind all my life, popping up in my thoughts sporadically. Eventually I’d had enough, and decided to do some research. I finally managed to uncover the location of the studio where much of that channel’s programming had been recorded. Upon further research and eventually traveling on site, I found out it was now desolate and had been abandoned after the big war ended.

I entered the building with my camera. It was burnt out from the inside. Either a fire had broken out or someone had wanted to incinerate all of the wooden furniture. After few hours of cautiously making my way into the studio and snapping pictures, I found an isolated out-of-the-way room. After having to break through a few old locks and managing to break the heavy door open, I remained frozen in the doorway for several long minutes. Traces of blood, feces, and tiny bone fragments lay scattered across the floor. It was a small room, and an extremely morbid scene.

What truly frightened me, though, what made me turn away and never want to come back, was the bolted, caged microphone hanging from the roof in the middle of the room…

Leave a comment

57 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Lissy
Lissy
3 years ago

Creepy and awesome… and i have nothing else to say cause its hard for me to describe things

Creepypastasarereal avatar

I love creepy pastas that don’t have an ending so you can make up your own.

1
1encoded1
6 years ago

Well written pasta

GamerGirl786 avatar
GamerGirl786
7 years ago

Know that’s what you all a good pasta!
5/5

DeYtHB avatar
DeYtHB
7 years ago

Good to know!

Qu7ckbrownfox avatar
Qu7ckbrownfox
7 years ago

O shit, guess they was some bad kids

T
Telumo
7 years ago

It was cute, although I was expecting a little more on the ending.

Braggluver92 avatar
Braggluver92
8 years ago

This is my favorite pasta

regularshowman avatar
regularshowman
8 years ago

GodDAMN is that unnerving as Hell!

regularshowman avatar
regularshowman
8 years ago

GodDAMN is that unnerving!

The_Lavender_Town_Ghost avatar

Pretty short, but quite satisfactory. Wow, I wish I grew up with a program like this. Haha, just joking. (Looks around nervously)

Q-tip
Q-tip
8 years ago

This is one of my favorite pastas. It is freaky as monkey assault. The end is wonderful and It is well written. #myfavoriteandIloveit

CKCK avatar
CKCK
8 years ago

I really liked it, I just wish there was some more. Really great pasta though:)

in.need.of.souls
in.need.of.souls
8 years ago

OMG this was beautiful.

HiroyukiSE avatar
HiroyukiSE
8 years ago

THAT IS A GREAT CREEPY STORY!!!!!!

porky
porky
8 years ago

He said that the show was in Arabic, so it’s islamic. Nothing new for them to torture and murder the innocent then.

YourMySanity avatar
YourMySanity
8 years ago

One of my favorite pastas!~~ >3<

I_Like_Being_Scared avatar

This gave me chills, especially at the ending :3
9.5/10

StormyRayWaters avatar
Stormy
8 years ago

OH MY GOSH I STAY UP LATE HAVE MY HANDS UNDER THE COVERS AND EAT FOOD IN MY SLEEP!

M
markrugman
8 years ago

I like it 🙂 however two suggestions:
[spoiler]* A repeat of hearing the screaming, later on in life, would re-inforce the horror of what had happened
* A detailed description of the building / studio would personalise the experience more. [/spoiler]

Other than that this is a 4.5/5 for me 🙂